8.22.2014

#tbf: A Memory

Hello darlings! So yesterday, I totally meant to do a #tbt post, but things got crazy. So, I''m changing it and making it throw back Friday. Yay! So, today I'm going to think one of my favorite memories, and share it with you guys. Hmmmm.....

Okay, I got one. The second to last day of school. It was the day of graduation and our semi formal dance. I had my graduation in the morning at the auditorium, and I got my eighth grade diploma, plus an award for academic excellence. Then, my team (They split the grade into four teams) went outside. I took a bunch of pictures with my best friends and parents, talked to my teachers, and messed around with my galfriends. We were all so happy, and it was awesome. Then, all the parents left, and my team went inside.

We had what they call a team meeting, which is when the team (keep in mind, this is about ninety kids) squeeze into one classroom, and the teachers talk/give out awards and stuff. The room was packed, and there were people sitting on the counters and on desks. I sat with my group of friends (a mix of guys and girl) on the counters. I was sitting with two of my best friends on either side, but one of the switched so I was sitting next to my semi formal date (we were going as friends at the time, but I secretly liked him) My friends all knew I liked him, and they were like shoving me into him. He leaned close, because the room was wicked loud, and said "Oh, yeah, I really like you". I was so crazy happy, but I'm wicked like shy and awkward so I didn't tell him I liked him too (Yet. Trust me, I fix this). I sort of snuggled closer to him though, and the teacher started talking, saying how much they would miss us ect. They started giving out the awards, and after a couple, my math teacher was giving out the award for best effort in Algebra. She started saying how this student always really tried, and how she had noticed. I thought that the award was going to this other girl in my algebra class, so I was wicked surprised when it was me. My friends congratulated  me, and I walked up (admittedly tripping over legs and chairs on the way) to get the award. They gave out a few more awards, and then it was over. Everyone started leaving the classroom, so I didn't get a chance to talk to my semi date/crush.

After that, the whole eighth grade class went outside for an ice cream party. I sat in the field, surrounded by my girls. I was telling the ones that weren't on my team the story of what happened between me and my crush at the meeting, and when I got to the part about not saying it back, the freaked out. They said he probably thought he was rejected, and that I had to go tell him.
He was with a bunch of his guy friends. It was really intimidating to go over there, but I walked up to him, and whispered in his ear, "By the way, I like you too" . Then, he said that he already knew, because on of my friends told him. I was ready to kill her, but it all worked out so I restrained.

(Wow this is getting long)

The school day was over. I went home, and I got ready for the dance. I loved my dress. It was short and sparkly and neon pink. We left for the dance, and again I took a bunch of pictures with my friends. I didn't take one with my date, because my parents didn't like him and he knew, so he avoided me. We went inside, and my date was still with his guy friends, so I said hi to him, and then went to dance with my friends. We did the Macarena, the Cotton Eye Joe, the Cha Cha Slide, and the Cupid Shuffle. They had a big screen with live videos on it, and at one point me and my friend were on it doing the Cupid Shuffle. After the dances with my friends, my date found me. We went to get water in the cafe, and just talked. He heard a slow song come on, and he asked me to dance. We went back in, and slow danced (Fun fact: The song was Stay With Me by Sam Smith. IDK why I remember that) My friend who didn't have a date was kind of third wheeling it with us, but most of the time I didn't  mind. One time though, me and my date were in the cafe, and I was drinking water again. She came in, and asked me to go dance. I told her that I was drinking my water, and that I'd come when I was done, and she snapped "Well hurry up" and dumped my cup of water down the front of my dress.  Yeah. Fun. My date was about to kick her a**, but I told her to go away. Uhmm, what else happened. Oh, my friend who moved away flew up for the dance, so it was great to see her again. I had so much fun dancing stupidly with my galfriends (because I cant dance. At all. So I just have fun) After the dance was over, I had a new boyfriend, and a great memory with my best friends.

It was so amazing to have something to remember, and It was just a perfect day. I have since been broken up with by aforementioned boy, and I really hate his guts now, but its still a good memory. I was perfectly happy, and I love thinking back to this day when I'm having a not so good day. So yeah, this is one of my favorite memories. What's yours? Comment below or email me at heyitsmissem@gmail.com. Oh, and sorry this is such a long post. Love ya!

With tons of love,
Emma <3

No comments:

Post a Comment